Tuesday 4 August 2009

A distaster in the Kiln !

I was in such a good mood this morning, expecting to come into work and find some gorgeous glass handkerchief bowl. I have made a few in the past so I should know what I am doing - you would think !!
Instead I lifted the lid and my heart sunk. It looked like a glass explosion, I had forgotten to change the kiln setting and left them to get so hot that they totally collapsed into a motlen lump.





Even my beautifully planned dish came out wonky.






Big intake of breath, puff out the chest, grab the hoover, clean the kiln and start again !


Now what could I make out of this? :)







3 comments:

  1. Oh no! what a shame!
    The dish still looks good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How big is it? Could make a funky bangle if it's that kind of size (and any sharp edges on the inside were taken off - no trips to A&E please!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no what a shame, I still love the bowl its really beautiful, who's to say it wasnt intentional!! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.