Sunday 27 February 2011

February Colour Challenge 2011

Over on the Bead Buddies Forum we have a monthly colour challenge.
This month it was colours beginning with the letter 'B'

Beetroot Red / Bronze / Beige

I started this months in good time, as I usually ended up just chucking something together in the last two days.  However, it did take me best part of the month and I finished it with just two days to go.



Taken from the Diana Fitzgerald Shaped Beadwork book, I made a whole load of 3D Hexagons in various colourways, then sewed them all together in a very random order.




For the clasp I made a toggle clasp from the same tiny Delica beads, sizing it so it would fit into one of the Hexagons.



The whole piece (over the course of a month) took around 13 hours to make.


1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I've given you a 'Stylish Blogger Award' because I just love reading your blog. Check out the rules here: http://delicatesparkles.blogspot.com/2011/03/after-being-nominated-for-stylish.html

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.