Sunday 3 February 2013

Muffins

I have been baking this afternoon.   I am ashamed to say that I have never made muffins before - due to the fact I don't own a muffin tin.  But yesterday I bought myself a muffin tin.


I have had a great little book for ages, years even, called "1 Mix 50 Muffins"  I picked it up for just £3.00 in Morrisons.  There is one basic batter recipe, then you just add various ingredients to make a whole host of different muffins.  Sweet and savoury ones.


Having sent Shona for the ingredients this morning, this afternoon turned into a Muffin Fest.

First I made Marzipan Muffins.


They have a lump of marzipan in the middle and whole almonds on the top.

Next came Jam Doughnut Muffins.


In the middle of this mixture is a blob of strawberry jam and they are brushed with melted butter and dipped in sugar as soon as they come out of the oven, making a sugary crust.

Last I made Cinnamon & Walnut Muffins.


They smell amazing, they have just come out of the oven as I type this so the whole house smells cinnamony  :)

Want one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.