Thursday 21 March 2013

Hot-Cross Bun pudding

You may notice there has been a lack of crafting recently - this is due to the fact that I am working on my craft room, sorting out boxes, de-stashing my books, giving away some yarn (yes, really!!) and asking myself "will I ever use this?"  Every spare hour has been put into working through many different hidey holes trying to rediscover stuff I have hidden away over the years.

I still have time to make food though and thought I would share this yummy, scrummy, ever-so-naughty pudding with you.

Hot Cross Bun Pudding.

You will need:

  • 6 hot cross buns
  • jar of apricot jam
  • 4 medium eggs
  • 300ml double cream
  • 300ml milk
  • vanilla essence
  • 4 tablespoons caster sugar
What you do:

Cut the buns and add a generous amount of apricot jam to each.


Place in an overproof dish, nice and snug.


In a large jug whisk up the eggs along with the cream, milk and vanilla essence.  Add 3 tablespoons of the sugar and stir well to dissolve.


Pour the liquid mix on top of the buns, making sure you soak each top, then leave to soak for 20 minutes so the liquid soaks into the buns.


Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar and bake at gas 4 for around 40 minutes, or until the custard is set.


Nommity nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.