Wednesday 3 July 2013

5/50 Stitches for Afghans

I am working through this book - 50 Stitches for Afghans by Darla Sims.
You can find previous reviews HERE.

So, this is Square 5. I am using Patons 4ply Cotton in Raffia

I could only do a foundation chain of 33 stitches for this one as anything more and the pattern would have pushed the square to be too big for the rest of the squares.

I really liked this pattern, I didn't actually like it when viewing it in the book, but worked up it is really nice, I could see it making a lovely summer top.

What I didn't care for was the 'humps' on the top row when I had finished, but it would have taken another two rows to finish on a straight edge which would have made the square too high.  I shall just have to deal with those humps when adding a border to the total piece at the end.

Squares so far....


ps: The Amazon links are affiliated  if you click and buy I might get a few pennies.  Just so you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.