Monday 29 July 2013

8/50 Stitches for Afghans

I am working through this book - 50 Stitches for Afghans by Darla Sims.
You can find previous reviews HERE.

So, this is Square 8. I am using Patons 4ply Cotton in Raffia.

This square consisted of a shell stitch and a picot stitch.  In my opinion it would have been nicer without the picot stitch as it just wobbles about there looking out of place, still, it's not my pattern is it and it is nice to learn all these new techniques.

The pattern was easy, peasy to pick up once I got going, and worked up really quickly but I had a nasty curved corner, I pulled it out and followed the pattern twice, but it still curved.  I can easily sort it when sewing the squares together but there is obviously an error there in the instructions.

Squares so far:

ps: The Amazon links are affiliated  if you click and buy I might get a few pennies.  Just so you know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.