Friday 19 July 2013

Cathedral Rose Window Afghan

I've started a new project...  I have not finished quite a few that I have on the go yet though, but I just can't resist starting new ones as I find them.

This one I found in my app store when just randomly searching.  It is an Annies Attic pattern and available on the app store for just £4.99.  Isn't it a stunner? Go search for it.  :)

So, ratching (it's a Cumbrian word) through my wool stash at home I find the most gorgeous pink and purple yarn that has a one inch colour change and should work beautifully.  And the best think I have enough!

I worked it up..

Yep, works for me, now to go and find the colours to go with it.  Only problem was it is an ungraded yarn, I don't know the thickness, I guessed chunky, but on getting to Hobbycraft the chunky is too thick and the Double Knit is too thin.  Short of running two strands together I have to re-think my plan.

So I decide on Double Knit  (simply because you get more length to a ball and it will work out cheaper  :)  )

I found a Sirdar Click in a rather nice colour - not sure how it will work up yet but I am confident it will be fine :)


and teamed it with deep purple and a stone beige colour, oh and or course black.

Together...

I will keep you up to date as I progress  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.