Sunday 14 July 2013

West Cumbria Game Fair

On Saturday I tootled along to the West Cumbria Game Fair, which was held at Armathwaite Hall on the edge of Bassenthwaite Lake in the Lake District.

There was loads to see, cooking demonstrations, food tents, craft tents, wine tasting, working dog shows.

Not usually a place I would frequent as I don't agree much with fishing or hunting, but I was asked to go by Higham Hall to be a demoist to promote the craft classes that Higham offer.  I was pleased to do that  :)

It was a scorching hot day and we were situated in a marquee - nice and sweaty then  :)

As soon as I started approaching the tent I was offered free wine samples, by the time I had found our tent I had had three little tumblers full - it had the makings of a really great day  :)


I set up at the Higham stand, beside a fabulous painter, watercolour master Brian Smith, watching him do his demo out of the corner of my eye was amazing, I can't quite get my head around how a painting can come to life like he makes them do.

I did some crochet granny hexagons, got chatting to a few people, melted a little, then I was off for a wander around.
Of course I had to have a spritzer for just £2.00 - this had a chunk of ice so large it would have sunk the Titanic, but in this heat it lasted about 3 minutes.  Slurp.

I bought a hat  :)  I did, I bought a new hat. It's a nice hat, I think you will be impressed.  More on that to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.