Saturday 10 May 2014

Watercress & Leek Soup


You know I make loads of soup - I need to really show that the expensive soup maker I bought was worth it  :)   But seriously, I love it and use it all the time.

This week I bought a bag of watercress in the reduced section, so thought I would make a soup from that.  I don't blog all my soup recipes, but this one was so delicious, I would probably even give it my "best soup ever" status, so thought I should share.

What you need:
  • 1 stalk of celery
  • Olive Oil
  • Sea Salt & Black Pepper
  • 2 Leeks
  • Bag of Watercress
  • Bouillon Powder (or stock)
  • Water
  • Small potato
What you do:
  • Chop up the celery into bits and sweat in the Olive Oil for a couple of minutes.  Add the chopped, washed leeks and sea salt and stir, allowing to sweat a little more - another couple of minutes will do.
  • Chuck in the watercress, chopped potato and some stock powder, along with enough water to cover.
  • Simmer for 20 mins, add freshly ground black pepper and blitz.
It's a lovely vibrant green colour, smooth and tasty  :)  Must make it again very soon.



3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh...this is *exactly* what I need on a wet, blustery day like today. Especially after standing outside at my market stall for five rainy, cold hours. A big bowl of delicious and heart-warming (green is the chakra colour of the heart, so it's perfect on that level, too) soup, with some fresh home baked brown bread (and butter, of course).

    Thanks for the recipe, Sooz.. Simple and quick to make - which is perfect when you're cold and need to warm up quickly, both inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were closer I would make you a bowl June :)

      Delete
    2. Ahhh...thank you, Sooz. That's a lovely offer, and I wish we did live closer to one another. The conversations we'd have and the crafty stuff we'd get up to! :) After a very blustery day at the market today (right on the beach front - and I love the beach, but when the weather is wild as it was today, trying to sell my crafts...emmm...not as much as I normally would), this soup is just what I'd be craving and would enjoy every spoonful. :)

      Delete

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.