Friday 29 August 2014

Upcycled Shabby Chic Mirror

I bought an old mirror last year at a car boot sale, and it has been hanging behind my workbench waiting for someone to come along and give it a new lease of life.

When I was moving craft rooms i came across it and thought it was time something was done with it.  

So off I took it to Daddy L's garage for some beauty treatment from the man himself.


Do you remember these from the 90's?  Floral frames.   Classy  :)


It came back to me yesterday, all shabby chic and looking rather nice.   Daddy L gave it a coat of paint, then scrubbed it slightly in places to allow the colours underneath just to sneak through a little.



It's now up on my craft room wall, and although it doesn't look very exciting in the photo, it is actually really lovely.
 Can you see my yarn stash in the reflection?   :)


Thanks Daddy L - what can I find him next to do I wonder?


2 comments:

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.