Sunday 16 November 2014

A new baby gift - Blanket & Squid

I have just finished a gift for a good friend that has had a baby girl - well, actually, the Grandma is my good friend, we went to school together, ended up at one point living next door to each other and she, along with her husband are Godparents to my daughter, Shona.


So when baby Freya was born I asked "What would she like for the baby?"

A 'Shawl' was mentioned, but I explained that Freya would probably be 13 years old by the time I finished it, so we compromised on a blanket - and I threw in a Squiddly Diddly for good measure   :)


The blanket is a James C Brett yarn called Cotton On, a cotton acrylic mix which works up beautifully, and it is in a variegated colour-way of beige and cream - beautiful - and a change from pink!


The pattern is a daisy pattern, by Lucy Lyons, which I found on Ravelry - you can download it for free but I believe you need to be a member.


It really did work up nicely.  I made it to be a good pram size, but said when she is ready for the cot to bring it back and I will add a border on to make it bigger.


She loved it.  Job's a gun 'un.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.