Friday 16 January 2015

Tractor Fabric iPad Case


My Uncle Bob is quite difficult to buy for at Christmas - well, aren't most men?  So I decided to make him a padded case for his iPad out of a gorgeous fabric covered with Tractors.   His favourite thing in the whole world is Tractors  :)

Nearly a year ago I went to a bag making class with Emma Redfern from Hole House.   I have used part of that bag technique here to make this case.

First of all I cut the fabric to size, using Hubsters iPad as a template.


I cut two pieces of the tractor fabric, plus two pieces of lining fabric and two pieces of wadding.


I laid the fabric on top of the wadding and stitched in-between each tractor image to give it a slightly quilted effect.
 Then I laid the fabric front to front, with the wadding inside and sewed around three edges before turning it right side in and pressing it.


For the flap I cut a piece of fabric, the wideness depends how thick you want it to be, it can be any size really.   I also cut a lining and a piece of wadding to match.   I then quilted it in the same way before sewing it together.


I added a lining and some Velcro for a fastening, as his fingers are not to goo to deal with fiddly fasteners.  (I also stopped taking photos with the subject on my manky old ironing board cover!)




















A perfect fit  :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.