Saturday 18 April 2015

Spaghetti with Greens & Peanutty Sauce - Recipe

For #ShareYourTeaTuesday this week I made this.....

Wholewheat spaghetti with broccolli, fine beans, spinach and a peanutty/soy sauce.


The sauce came from me having no ready to use sauces in the cupboard.  Hmmmm, I think, scratching my head, what can I make from vinegars, soy sauce (slightly out of date) and toast topping stuff?   A kind of satay sauce perhaps.

First of all pop your pasta on to cook, and while cooking you can get on with the rest.

So, mix 2 tbsp of peanut butter with 1 tbps soy sauce and half a tbls of oil.


(I changed the little pot as it was hard to mix in, and swapped to a jug  :) )

Give it a good mix until you get this very unappetising lump of brown nutty stuff.  Put it to one side for now.


Chop the broccoli up into bite sized pieces.


Heat a little oil in a non stick pan and chuck the broccoli in to start to brown.


Trim the fine beans (fresh is best for this recipe as you want them to stay a little crunchy)


Once the broccoli starts browning, add the beans.


When they are both tender, but still firm, add handfuls of spinach.  It may look a lot but it wilts down to nothing.


Let it wilt while stirring.


Chuck in the brown tar like sauce mixture you prepared earlier.  The oil will help it melt down and coat your vegetable.


At this point I halved the mixture as Hubster wanted spirals and I wanted spaghetti.  


Drain the pasta well and mix with the green nutty stuff.


Then serve  :)


Let me know if you try it  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.