Sunday 24 April 2016

C2C Baby Blanket - blue for a girl

When my son told me he and his girlfriend were expecting a baby, I knew I had to double up my blanket making skills and get some blankets made for the new arrival.  At this point I was wishing I had not made as many for Hope when she was on the way as I had to match the number of blankets made  -  I am not there yet and new baby Ellie is a month old now!!

Ellie's mum's favourite colour is blue, and years ago I made her a blue granny square blanket using this James C Brett Woodlander yarn.  I had a few balls left, so what better than to make Ellie a blanket to match her mummy's?

I decided on a C2C pattern.  C2C is Corner to Corner crochet, worked across a diagonal creating a lovely basket weave effect.  I did 5 rows of the variegated blue, then broke it up with a line of white.


It's a really quick stitch to work and the blanket grew quite quickly.




Then, it was done, time for some edging.  I decided on a shell pattern to go all the way around the edge.  Ellie's mummy loved it   :)


Better get on with making blanket number 2....and 3.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, questions, comments and salutations all welcome.